Residental Boilers (403) 863-8246
Learn more about our DHL Mechanical.https://boiler-repairs-calgary.business.site/
radiant heating Calgary
boiler Services Calgary
in flooor heating Calgary
Boiler repair Calgary
Mechanical contractor calgaryThe other part of preventive maintenance includes identification of the failure symptoms. As you know the parts of boiler develop symptoms of fatigue due to excess stress and faulty parts. You may have observed the slightest symptoms of variation in the functionality. Even in such cases you can take the preventive measures to avoid the boiler breakdown. Here is a brief list of the most common symptoms, probable causes and the troubleshooting procedures.
- Water Leaking: The parts to be checked include drain valves, pipe sealing, pressure outlet pipe, body cracks, joints, inlet and outlet pipes, air venting valves, and pressure safety valve. If you find any issues with them, you need to repair or replace the parts. Rusted parts can also lead to leaks. If you find any rust on the metallic parts, you can sand and clean. Before performing this task you need to drain the boiler (if it has a tank), disconnect the power lines (for electric boiler), and then open the rusted parts and clean. You will need an Allen key-set, hose; rust remover and rust inhibitor, elbow fitting and replaceable parts if required. Remove the rusted part after loosening the screws and threads. Use a sand paper to clean the rust. Apply a rust inhibitor and reassemble the parts.
- Reduced Pressure: The normal pressure should be between 1bar-1.5ar. If the pressure drops below this value, you need to check the parts. The key parts you need to inspect are the pressure valves, relief valve, pressure limit control, and the nozzles. Identify the part which is causing the low pressure and fix it. Leaking valves can also lead to reduced pressure. Before fixing them you need to drain the boiler and disconnect the power supply. Remove the drain pipe and the valve. Check for any fault lines. If there are any cracks and brittle parts, you need to replace the valve with new one. Similarly you can check the other parts also.
- Reduced Heat: Thermostat, gas valve, pump, heating thermostat, heat exchanger, fan, expansion vessel, and flow switch are some of the parts you need to inspect, when the boiler temperature goes down abruptly. You can check these parts even when your boiler is in working condition. The boiler thermostat could develop can have weakened components, no signals to the valve, etc. Once you repair the component, the water temperature will be restored to 55-60 degree centigrade. If it is a gas fired boiler, you may need to check the burner, temperature gauge, flow control valve, gas valve and the pump. Any defect in these parts can cause the temperature to drop. The other problem could be the auto filling pipes and valves connecting to the water tank. If the tank is empty or partially filled, the temperature could drop. You need to check and repair the problem. The other probable reason is the excess water in the expansion tank. It leads to reduced air pressure and reduced heating. Then you need to empty the excess water and restore the air pressure to normal levels. The other parts you need to check on the zone valve, bleed valve, circulator and return lines. The temperature drop will be beyond the zone valve if there is a problem with it. If there is a problem with the circulator, the motor may not function efficiently. The bleed valve may have trapped air in the interiors. Then you need to empty the valve, take it out and replace it.
- Unusual Vibrations: The vibrations in the boilers’ internal components could be due to the loose connections, damaged screws, rusted parts, etc. In such instances you need to diagnose the faults and replace the damages parts and components.
Error Code AnalysisIf the display panel shows any error code, you need to check them, identify them from your boiler user manual and take the proper corrective and preventive measures. Some of the most common codes and their meaning can be attributed to
- Improper fan idling: Once the system is reset and the temperature reaches the set point the fan has to idle. If this doesn’t happen, the system can experience faulty working conditions excess of wind in the vent. Then you need to take measures to reduce the wind pressure within the vent.
- Burner blocking: This condition could occur when the flow switch is not working properly. The flow direction changes in this condition leading to burner blocking. Replacing the switch can help resolve the issues.
- Sensor Issues: The boiler used for home heating works by detecting the external temperature through a sensor. Any fault in the sensor could result in reduced or increased temperature below/beyond the tolerance limits. In such cases the boiler either freezes or bursts. Hence, you need to inspect the sensor regularly. Any fault can result in an error code generation.
- Combustion Air: Any problems in the combustion chamber can result in trapped air within the boiler, leading to choking of the burner. It can happen when the cleaning is poorly done. Hence you need to clean the boiler internal parts regularly. You can do so by following the procedures written in the product manual. The process of preventive maintenance needs to be done regularly (once in 30days).